These no bake energy bites are a portable, healthy snack perfect for anyone on the go!
- 8 ounces (about 1 packed cup) chopped dates
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked)
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine the dates, honey, chia seeds, flax seeds, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and combined. You should be able to stir the mixture- if it is too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of honey.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats, pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool (and easier to work with), use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape it into your desired size of energy balls. (I usually make mine about 1-inch in diameter). Alternatively, you can line a small baking pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly into the pan, let it cool, then cut it into bars.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Storing in the refrigerator especially helps the energy bites hold their shape.)
Recipe developed by Ali of Give Me Some Oven
Nutrition Facts (Makes 30 servings (1 inch balls)– Nutrition facts for 1 serving)
Calories:109 Fat: 2 gm, Protein:1gm, Carbohydrates: 23 gm, Fiber: 2 gm