MS, RD, CSSD, LD
Amy Goodson, MS, RD, CSSD, LD is a registered dietitian and consultant in the Dallas-Fort Worth area with an emphasis in overall health, wellness and sports nutrition. She has over thirteen years of experience and has worked with Ben Hogan Sports Medicine, the Dallas Cowboys, the Texas Rangers and their minor league affiliates, Texas Christian University Athletics, FC Dallas Soccer, Jim McLean Golf School and many PGA Tour players as well as with many middle school, high school and endurance athletes.
She also works with the everyday exercising population to improve health and wellness. Amy is also a consultant and speaker for Gatorade Sports Science Institute and works with the NBA G-League.
Amy is a media spokesperson with over 600 media placements in a variety of media outlets locally and nationally. She serves as a media dietitian for RDTV where she does food and nutrition TV segments nation-wide. Amy is also an ambassador/speaker for the American Heart Association and the National Dairy Council, has served on the Dairy Max Health and Wellness Advisory Council and consults for Catalyst Training Lab where she provides international education and training for dietitians in five Middle Eastern countries. She speaks at a variety of nutrition, athletic training and coaching conferences in addition to providing health and nutrition presentations to various businesses and companies.
Amy has written for a variety of on-line publications including Women’s Running Magazine, The Athlete’s Parent and the Dallas Cowboys 5 Points Blue platform. She is also the co-author of “Swim, Bike, Run – Eat,” a sports nutrition book for triathletes and the nutrition contributor to retired NFL player Donald Driver’s book, The 3-D Body Revolution. Amy is the owner of RD Career Jumpstart, a business designed to help dietetic students, interns and new registered dietitians determine and take the steps necessary to reach their dream career. She also serves as the Sponsorship Management Coordinator for the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, connecting brands and companies to registered dietitians and dietetic students to enhance the member-sponsorship relationship.
Amy received her Bachelor of Science in speech communications from Texas Christian University and Master of Science in exercise and sports nutrition from Texas Woman’s University. She is also a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics.
More About Amy...
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Texas Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Collegiate & Professional Sports Dietitians Association
- Sports, Cardiovascular & Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- TCU Alumni Association
- Sports Dietetics-USA Leadership Team, Newsletter Editor, 2007-2018
- Texas Dietetic Association Leadership Committee, Newsletter Editor, 2007-2011
- Dallas Dietetic Association Fun Run Committee Chair, 2006-2008
- Dallas Dietetic Association Executive Board, 2008-2012
- Dallas Dietetic Association Executive Board President, 2010-2011
- Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association Board, March 2011-March 2013
- Dairy MAX Health and Wellness Advisory Council Member, 2011-2017
- Texas Academy Public Relations Chair, June 2012-May 2014 and June 2017-2018
- Texas Academy Northeast Region Area Liaison, July 2016 – Present
- Texas Academy Director of Communications, June 2018-Present
- Dallas Dietetic Association Volunteer of the Year Award, 2007
- Texas Dietetic Association Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award, 2008
- Dallas Dietetic Association Media Dietitian Award, 2012
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Media Award, 2014